Published on February 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 8, 2018
I love the idea of Trump’s plan for a big military parade in Washington. The comments to these ideas are hysterical. And now, read up the music news for February 8, 2018.
- Here’s the open letter written to the Grammy people by female record executives about the whole #MeToo/#TimesUp issue.
- The future of radio is being discussed here at a conference in Nashville. The consensus is that the radio industry needs to grow a pair.
- You know who was a big winner with Justin Timberlake’s Super Bowl performance? Janet Jackson. Wait–what?
- A good question: Is Spotify now officially too big to fail?
- When it comes to streaming, learn from Drake,
- If you love statistical information about music, try this academic look at the nature of music charts.
- Has the iPod Touch reached the end of its lifespan? Let’s take a look
- This is potentially good news for the future of podcasters in Canada.
- A prediction making the rounds: The next non-English global hit (think “Despacito”) will come from the Middle East.
- Apple Watch sales are up 54%.
- Cliff Burton, Metallica’s long-gone bass player, is getting his own day in his hometown. (Via Tom)
- Wait: Quincy Jones dated Ivanka Trump?
- And he hated the Beatles?
- Drake’s dad now has his own line of suits.
- It looks like the Frank Zappa hologram tour is going ahead.