Published on January 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, January 19, 2017
One more day until a small-handed, orange-skinned, blonde comb-over becomes President of the United States. Distract yourself with music news.
- Speaking of presidents, “singing” Barack Obama videos have been issued takedown notices.
- Who else will play Trump’s inauguration? Are organizers keeping their identities secret to protect them from backlash?
- Paul McCartney has sued Sony. He wants the rights to all his Beatles songs back.
- Now THIS is the kind of battery I want in my phone–or car.
- The host of a hip hop podcast has been charged in a fatal shooting. (Via Tom)
- Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve fiasco? It was a government conspiracy! (Tom again)
- Glastonbury is staying put.
- Now here’s how you dance like no one is watching. (Another one from Tom)
- Report: a drug cartel demanded payment from organizers of the EDM festival ahead of last weekend’s nightclub killings in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.
- Is this an iPod or a gun. No, you’re wrong.
- And here’s a portrait of Michael Jackson using string. Just because.
- Remember the Zune? Microsoft’s answer the iPod? Whatever happened to it? Oh…
- The frontman of the band Grim Reaper has had part of his leg amputated.
- Apple has added a new live radio station to Apple Music. It’s CBS Sports.
- A great article about classic rockers who embraced synthesizers.]
- That Turkish record store that was attacked during a Radiohead listening party has closed.