Published on January 4th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, January 4, 2018
This is Thursday, right? Damn, the holidays and the cold have confused me. Let’s just go with it and say this is music news for January 4, 2018.
- Has Spotify filed for its IPO? That’s the rumour.–even though there’s this $1.6 billion lawsuit hanging over its head.
- Game of Thrones remains the most-torrented TV show, months after the last season ended.
- If you’re a lover of albums, this app might be of interest to you.
- Eddie Van Halen’s old house for sale. Details here.
- What will be the future of Cheapies, the venerable Hamilton record store?
- A 50th anniversary Woodstock event in 2019? It could happen.
- UK music sales are their highest in two decades. Why? Streaming.
- You know those sounds the dragons make on Game of Thrones? That’s actually the purring of tortoises.
- Google’s new text-to-speech technology is scary good. (Via Larry)
- Orrin Hatch, songwriter. Wait–what?
- Sting just sold his NYC duplex for–wait for it–$56 million.
- Do you have tinnitus? This electrical zap may be the cure.