Published on July 13th, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Thursday, July 13, 2017
Question: Will Donald Trump throw Donald Jr. under the bus over this whole Russia thing? And now, music news for July 13.
- Indie Week is coming up in Toronto in November. Here’s the first round of artist announcements.
- Radiohead on playing a gig in Israel: “Playing a country isn’t the same as endorsing its government.”
- During a cop’s funeral in New York, this guy blasted NWA’s “Fuck Tha Police” from his apartment window.
- Here’s another take on Spotify’s “fake artists” scandal.
- Modfather Paul Weller just welcome his eighth child.
- Whatever happened to Muzak?
- Kermit the Frog has a new voice for the first time in 27 years.
- So what exactly does Facebook have planned for music? This might offer a clue.
- A review of the Canadian Copyright Act coming up. Best get prepared.
- Here’s one example where current copyright rules may be constraining music.
- Google is working on AI tech that will automate the writing of news stories. Can’t say I’m happy about this.