Published on July 14th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, July 14, 2016
The sun threw a hissy fit on this day in 2000, resulting in what’s now known as The Bastille Day Event. And now, some music news.
- YouTube says that they put $1 billion into the pockets of creators so people like Taylor Swift should stop complaining. (Via Bobby)
- Grammy Award-winning accordionist Walter Ostanek of St. Catharines, Ontario, won $1 million in the London Dream Lottery.
- If you’re going to a Guns ‘N Roses show, don’t hold up a “Where’s Izzy” sign.
- Is this awkward, Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift?
- John Mayer has come out as a Pokemon GO addict.
- Interesting that they cancelled a rap concert in Dallas. Is it because Ice-T–the guy who gave us “Cop Killer”–is on the bill?
- SONOS has opened a store in NYC. Happy customers such as myself will definitely visit.
- Broken Social Scene is working on their first album in six years.
- Thank you, Al Jourgensen, for speaking your mind on Donald Trump.
- That 82-year-old metal fan is going to join Disturbed onstage.
- Peaches provides your NSFW music video with “Vaginoplasty.’
- Are people 15-19 getting into radio or not?
- Good point: Taylor Swift didn’t become the world’s richest celebrity by selling music.
- Spotify has found a way to counter Apple’s Beats 1.