Published on July 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, July 27, 2017
The younger bull terrier had dental work this week. Relatives from the US tell me that our dogs have better health care than many Americans. And now the music news for July 27.
- The head of music at the BBC says that the music industry is facing “a perfect storm.”
- Apparently humpback whales remix their own songs.
- There will be a massive 25th anniversary re-release of Stone Temple Pilots’ Core.
- I love the title of this article: “Rock Out with Your Tot Out?” It’s about the trend of taking small kids to music festivals.
- R Kelly has now trashed a recording studio.
- Here’s a cool history of the original 70s punk scene in Montreal.
- This guy turns data into music.
- This is how Google plans to destroy piracy forever.
- Is Apple going to build three new plants in the US? Donald Trump says they are.
- Metallica’s James Hetfield isn’t impressed with the Jenners.
- Record mogul David Geffen sold his place in Malibu for $8 million. In other words, less than a lot of houses in Toronto.
- Celine Dion is still talking to René. Wait–what?
- Apple’s biggest problem today? People are upset with their T-rex emoji.
- The 150 greatest albums made by women…
- …which leads into this bit of shade-throwing: the 150 worst albums made by men.
- So how true-to-life should the Freddie Mercury biopic be? There’s some dispute, apparently.
- Somehow I don’t think this little musical trick is going to help the people of Venezuela.
- How the fashion industry completely co-opted the band t-shirt.
- If you’ve been to Berlin, you’ll know they love their ice cream and gelato. Now there’s a David Bowie gelato for sale in the city.