Published on July 6th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, July 6, 2017
I swear to God that I saw my first back-to-school ad. C’MON! And now, the music news for July 6.
- YouTube is losing ground to streaming music services when it comes to where people go for tunes.
- RIP John Blackwell Jr, Prince’s former drummer.
- Morrissey’s childhood friend is already annoyed at the upcoming Mozzer biopic.
- US music festivals: uncomfortably white?
- Speaking of music festivals, here’s a look back at the way things used to be.
- Someone has analyzing the grunts made by players at Wimbledon and found this…
- …and someone else wrote this about the Wimbledon groan.
- Liam Gallagher says he’d rather “eat his own shit” than watch Noel open for U2.
- ABBA saved the world from gloom in the 70s. Who could do that today?
- A French DJ had his laptop stolen. That’s pretty much it for him, then.
- Snoop Dogg admits to pirating Jay-Z’s new 4:44 album from Tidal.
- Confused about what this whole “blockchain” thing is and how it could relate to music? Read this.
- Interested in vinyl? Take a look at this site.
- And the most streamed song of 2017 so far is…
- Sweden plans to hold a “man-free” festival in response to a spate of rapes and sexual assaults.
- Tupac dumped Madonna while he was in jail?
- Want to buy Dean Martin’s old place? It’s for sale.
- Interesting: How “BBC English” was standardized in the 1920s and 30s.
- Arcade Fire messes with the Kylie and Kendall Jenner. Good.
- This fan from Newfoundland booked trips to see Adele concerts in Houston, Phoenix and London. Every one of those shows was canceled. Now she’s out $10,000.