Published on June 16th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, June 16, 2016
My barbeque needs cleaning. It’s disgusting. And now in music news…
- Ex-frontman of a metal band called Pyrexia has been charged with murder in the killing three people with an AR-15 on Monday. Christ.
- Smash Mouth is doomed to fight a never-ending Twitter battle.
- Did you know that Nirvana’s Bleach album turned 27 yesterday? It did.
- Rhapsody, the oldest of the streaming music services still in existence (est. 2001) is going to be re-branded as–wait for it–Napster.
- The newest fight: Trent Reznor vs. YouTube vs. Trent Reznor vs. YouTube vs….
- “You don’t know the real Beatles unless you’ve heard Sgt. Pepper’s in mono.”
- The world’s oldest pop star–she’s 102–has been kidnapped.
- A great history of 4AD, the fine British indie label.
- Could this be the solution for the future of AM radio?
- Radio needs cars. Here’s why.
- Looking back on the first year of Apple Music: What worked and what didn’t.