Published on June 8th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, June 8, 2017
It was 45 years ago today this picture was taken. Its impact changed the course of the Viet Nam War. And now, the music news for June 8.
- There will be extra security at Glastonbury this year. No kidding.
- Someone has taken it upon themselves to rank all 213 Beatles songs from best to worst.
- This is interesting: Britney Spears singing “Toxic” without Auto-Tune.
- Apple Music’s first “TV show” has debuted. Take a look at Planet of the Apps.
- Remember C.W. McCall’s weird 70s hit “Convoy?” How did that become a trucker’s anthem?
- Watching the new Twin Peaks? Here’s a guide to all the bands we’ve seen so far.
- Is Jay Z using Tidal to tease a new album?
- So Donald Glover is retiring Childish Gambino?
- By the way, iOS 11 will not work on anything older than an iPhone 6.
- “Greatest hits are exhausting.”
- Teens are pretty addicted to their smartphones. See?
- It seems like everyone is getting a Broadway musical these days.
- Courtney Love, the autobiography: Take 2.
- Adorable dancing baby alert.
- The organizers of the One Love Manchester festival released a statement defending Noel Gallagher.
- Here’s how streaming is powering the recovery of the music industry.