Published on March 16th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, March 16, 2017
The contractors are applying spray foam to the basement walls today. That means me, The Wife and the English bull terriers are homeless for 24 hours. Anyone got extra space at the dinner table and a couch? And now, the music news…
- HMV discounts are now up to 60%. Some stores will probably be empty and will close by the end of the month.
- The death of HMV also means the death of this Quebec distributor.
- Ed Sheeran’s new album has already earned him $5 million USD just from streaming on Spotify.
- Here are 20 famous songs you may not have known are actually covers.
- A woman had her face burned when a pair of battery-operated headphones blew up in the middle of a flight from Beijing to Melbourne.
- If you’re a fan of industrial music, you’ll want to read this about Cosey Fanni Tutti of Throbbing Gristle.
- Speaking of reading, Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac has a new book about the band.
- There may be a glitch in Paul McCartney’s suit to get his Beatles songs back.
- White House svengali Steve Bannon was once a major Deadhead.
- Taylor Swift is thinking about launching her own streaming music service? Really? Doubtful.
- Here’s a rock star vacation home that I think I’d enjoy.
- Remember YoutTube Music? Whatever happen to it? Oh, it’s still there? What’s wrong with it?
- Some fun music history: The story of the fake Zombies (the band, not the brain-eating undead.) (Via Chris)
- SoundCloud says that things are “just fine.”
- Here’s an explanation that of the genetic condition that killed Prince’s only son. More here.
- Frontman of British indie band Cabbage broke his pubic rami. It’s not something you want to break. Trust me.