Published on May 18th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, May 18, 2017
One more sleep until the long weekend. But you’ve already mentally checked out, haven’t you? Kill some time with these music news items for May 18.
- Speaking of the long weekend, World Fiddle Day is this Saturday.
- A couple in southwestern Ontario have named their new baby Killian Gord Downie Burton. (Via Mike)
- How many people does it take to write a pop song these days? In some cases, a dozen or more.
- For years, MuchMusic financed a fund called MuchFact (formerly VideoFACT) which offered money to artists to make music videos. After pumping in millions of dollars into music video production, the CRTC has relieved Bell Media of the responsibility and expense.
- Deadmau5 is fighting a cat lawsuit.
- Is the organizer of the Fyre Festival the “Madoff of Millennials?” We could find out in court.
- Blink-182’s Travis Barker is opening up about his drug issues and getting sober.
- What’s the net worth of Jay Z and Beyonce? Higher. Higher. Higher.
- A David Bowie statue has been revealed. It’s all Ziggy Stardust-y and will be unveiled later this year.
- Snoop Dogg, game show host. No, really. Look out, Steve Harvey and Pat Sajack!
- How many times can an artist perform the same song in the same set? This guy did it FOURTEEN TIMES.
- A grandson of Bob Marley has signed to play for the Washington Redskins.
- Could SiriusXM be looking at buying Pandora–again?