Published on November 17th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, November 17, 2016
If Jeff Buckley were still alive, be would have turned 50 today. And in music news…
- There are more rumours that Apple will drop the price of a streaming subscription to less than $8.
- Here’s a story on the Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds and his health problems.
- Digital listening in cars is on the rise, but radio still leads.
- Whatever happened to these big hits of the 90s and why aren’t they on the radio anymore?
- Bob Dylan says he won’t be at the Nobel Prize ceremony–he’s too busy–but he says “thanks.”
- Spotify’s “Playlist Potluck?” What’s that?
- Bruce Springsteen is gonna get a medal.
- U2 is in the studio for Achtung Baby’s 25th anniversary.
- And Bono will be on Kimmel next week with some kind of announcement.
- Deadmau5 will teach you how to be Deadmau5 for $90. Sign up here. Need more? Here’s a sample of what you’ll get.
- Expect Hi-Res Audio to be a big deal at CES in January. Everyone is getting into the act.
- Mick Jagger’s grandson is pretty good at moving like grandpa.
- These earbuds claim to offer “bionic hearing.”
- Musicians expending energy fighting Spotify are “f–king dumb.“
- How many of these famous guitars can you identify?
- This is interesting: Architectual acoustics.
- What does outer space sound like? This.