Published on November 2nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, November 2, 2017
On this day in 1988, the Morris worm became the first computer worm to be distributed on the Internet. We had no idea because none of us what the “Internet” was yet. And now, in music news for November 2.
- Apple has made some upgrades to Apple Watch that allows for better streaming and browsing of music.
- “45 ways an artist can make money these days.” A good read.
- Netflix says that the 7th most-binged watch TV series in the world is Trailer Park Boys.
- There’s a documentary in production about the ill-fated Fyre Festival. This should be good.
- Here’s a new trick to push albums up the charts in their debut weeks: It’s called the “ticket bundle.”
- Take a look at this week’s Top 20 chart from the Canadian Independent Music Association.
- No tribute show for George Michael. The family has put a stop to that.
- Looking back on the first-ever edition of Billboard magazine, November 1, 1894.
- Need more pictures of David Bowie in his prime? Here you go.
- Harvey Weinstein apparently once tried to buy Rolling Stone.
- Madonna flies in…economy?
- In (semi-)related news, Paul McCartney has revealed the inspiration of “Lady Madonna.”
- Taylor Swift just bought an $18 million place in NYC.
- And Tom Petty’s place is for sale.