Published on November 20th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, November 20, 2014
Here’s a stat about the Buffalo snowstorm. The hardest-hit areas have 65 inches of snow. One square foot of that weighs about 20 pounds. If you have a 20 foot-wide driveway that’s 50 feet long, that’s 20,000 pounds of snow that has to be shoveled. And because it’s going to rain and melt over the weekend, it’s only going to get heavier. Can you say “heart attack?”
- Speaking of Buffalo, Interpol has been stranded on an area highway for two days.
- The Foo Fighters are on the cover of Rolling Stone. This looks like a good story.
- Learn about the science of Bieber fever. (Don’t let that first sentence freak you out. This is actually useful stuff.)
- The new Band Aid project may be raising lots of money, but it’s also prompting a backlash.
- The hot new thing in China? Having surgery to make your voice lower. Or, in some cases, higher.
- Watch this 87 year-old pensioner bust a move to some busker music.
- Silverchair singer Daniel Johns has been charged with DUI in Australia.
- A Guns ‘N’ Roses bio-pic? Yep. It’s in the works.
- Sam Hagar will be the latest musician to get yellowed up for The Simpsons.
- Don’t steal the Dead Kennedys’ backstage beer. That’s just not nice.
- Justin Bieber seems to be on some kind of “spiritual missionSa.” Could be be thinking of converting to Judaism?
- Remember when Keith Richards fell out of a palm tree in 2006? There are new details.
- Spotify has turned a profit in France.
- Justin Timberlake has become the co-owner of an audio tech company.
- A Dutch indie label is now using Twitter mentions as currency.
- Chrysler–yes, the car maker–is being used over CD-ripping technology.