Published on November 23rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, November 23, 2017
U.S. Thanksgiving. Turkey. Football. Shopping. Yeah, we get it. But there’s still music news on this November 23…
- Michael Buble has been tapped to host the Juno Awards next year. The event will be held in Vancouver, his hometown.
- John Wayne Gacy, ex of Marilyn Manson, still doesn’t like Kurt Cobain very much. (Via Moe)
- Scooter Braun, Justin Bieber’s manager, seems like a really decent dude. He also wrote this about the whole #MeToo situation.
- What’s the future of record labels? This article tries to answer that.’
- German police have located 100 stolen John Lennon items.
- Could Chance the Rapper’s song “Come Back, Barack” from last week’s SNL become an actual chart hit? Maybe.
- Wait: Spotify is recording our keystrokes?
- Want some new photos of Tupac? They’re for sale.
- Here’s an article on the relationship between tech and underground music.
- Ever hear of a band called The Raincoats? Maybe not, but here’s why they’re important to today’s music.
- If you have a tablet or smartphone in the car, don’t do this.
- Apple has really blown it by not having its HomePod smart speaker ready for this Christmas.
- Plans for taking a Roy Orbison hologram on your has run into legal issues.
- This is cool: Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile have launched the “Intercontinental Playlist Exchange Program” on Spotify.
- Now it’s Katy Perry vs. The Vatican.
- And now there’s a lawsuit within Steely Dan. This could get weird.
- These Newfoundlanders know how to deal with a flight delay. Let’s sing!
- This metal band thought they had come up with a cool backstage experience for fans. It’s kinda backfired.