Published on November 9th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, November 9, 2017
One year of Trump. How y’all feeling? And now, some music news for November 9.
- Speaking of Trump, Paul McCartney is not a fan.
- There are people who think that Taylor Swift is going to sell two million copies of her new album called Reputation when it comes out on Friday.
- In #MeToo news, an ex-bodyguard of Mariah Carey says she harassed him. You read that correctly.
- A guitar once owned by Prince just sold for $700,000 USD at auction.
- Indie labels seem to be doing well. The latest numbers say they collectively took in $6 billion USD last year, which was good for 38% of the global market.
- The “dubstep violinist?” Yep.
- A couple of major labels are stepping up when it comes to birth control benefits for their employees.
- Here’s a list of the top 25 music and film schools.
- Watch out for the Netflix email scam. Here’s what to look for.
- What is the “Yeezy sound?” And why has Kanye filed four trademarks in relation to his next project?
- Here’s the house Kimye just sold.
- Drake wants a rare Harry Potter book for his birthday. It’s only $160,000.
- Bono welcomes any investigation into the parts of his finances exposed by the release of the Paradise Papers.
- Turns out Alexa speakers really know how to party. Just ask the cops.
- Bee Gees: The Musical.
- Do you use Tunein Radio? They’re in some legal trouble in the UK.
- Going to a concert in the US? Here’s a list of the cities with the most expensive concert tickets.
- Like rock, country music has a big problem with streaming.