Published on April 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Yep, I have the post-Canadian Music Week cold. Anyone else? And now, music news for April 25.
- Record Store Day releases are already on eBay for inflated prices. What a surprise.
- Here comes the new Queens of the Stone Age album.
- People have it in their heads that Harry Styles is going to play a young Mick Jagger in a movie.
- Everybody can (and should) sing. Just don’t obsess over talent.
- Engineers made this robotic arm for a girl so she could again play the violin.
- It appears that Neil Young has killed the Pono.
- The next reunion on the horizon? Bananarama, apparently–even after a bad, bad breakup.
- And maybe No Doubt, too.
- Who else should get back together? Here are some suggestions.
- The music supervisor of the HBO series The Leftovers pulled off a miraculous bit of music licensing with Wu-Tang Clan.
- The UK election has interrupted that country’s look at how to curb concert ticket-buying bots.
- Here’s another story of a guy who had to sing whilst doctors performed brain surgery on his wide-open skull.
- Looking to getting into grand theft auto? These $11 radio gadgets will help.
- Anyone else having trouble getting work because of ear piercings like this guy?
- Is having Kenny G play live on your flight better or worse than being dragged off a United Airlines plane?
- Rod Stewart has seven full-size soccer pitches on his property.
- This rapper is using illegal cell phones to post music videos from inside prison.
- Finally, another collection of terrible album covers.