Published on December 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Our bags finally arrived in Bangkok, just as we were about to leave for Hanoi. I’ve never been so happy to see some underwear. And now, the music news for December 5.
- Canadian albums sales and streams vs. this time last year: Total albums, -16.5%; digital albums, 22.5%; physical albums, -12.1%; CDs, -13.9%; vinyl, +22.2%; audio streams, +74.9%.
- Eminem sent Elton John an amazing NSFW gift. I think Elton appreciated the gesture.
- Bryan Singer has been fired from the Freddie Mercury biopic because…well, you’ll see.
- Got trouble with WiFi in your house? Try this.
- Now THIS is how you hold a music awards event.
- Genghis Barbie: a “post-feminist feminist all-female horn experience.” [sic]
- ABBAmania is back. In London, anyway.
- Good ready: A history of the boy band from the Beatles forward.
- How Jay-Z’s cheating on Beyonce turned into a windfall for the couple.
- Paul McCartney doesn’t do selfies. He’d rather have a drink with you instead.
- Apple is looking to spend big dollars on original video content.
- Interesting: Is this a harmless Christmas song or actually something pretty creep?
- Katy Perry sues God and wins.
- Poor Ed Sheeran. Even when he tries to make a compassionate fundraising video he’s pilloried.