Published on December 9th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Three days in the Caribbean and no sign of chikungunya yet. Fingers crossed…
- Bob Geldof doesn’t think Paul McCartney is cool enough for Band Aid 30. (Via Tom)
- Taylor Swift is apparently a finalist in for Time’s Person of the Year. In other news, Vladimir Putin is pissed.
- Dr. Luke is suing Kesha’s lawyer over some rape allegations and implications.
- Sammy Hagar has recorded an acoustic version of Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus.” No, you read that correctly.
- Five ways Third Man Records made vinyl cool again.
- This is your brain on jazz.
- Maybe us music snobs got it all wrong when it comes to Top 40 performers.
- No #1 album for AC/DC in the UK.
- So much for Muse’s Matt Bellamy getting married to actress Kate Hudson. She’s called it off.
- The CBC isn’t the only public broadcast with an (ex) on-air person facing sexual assault charges. Look what’s happening at the BBC.
- “Fear programs most radio stations today.” (George Johns at The Blog via FYI Music News)
- There’s a very good reason legendary artists like the Beatles and Bob Dylan release special editions every year. Makes sense when you think about it.