Published on February 20th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Fifteen years ago today, one of the worst concert tragedies in history happened with a pyro display during a Great White show at the Station nightclub in West Warwick went wrong. One hundred people were killed and over two hundred were injured. When it comes to music news for February 20, 2018…
- Is social media making musicians sick? Maybe.
- Reviews of Fergie’s jazzy rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the NBA All-Star Game didn’t go over so well.
- A good interview with the Lonely Vagabond, one of Toronto’s music’s most enigmatic characters.
- Six ways Apple could make the HomePod even better.
- Here’s another way Spotify could rescue the music industry again.
- Is this the greatest cowbell song of all time?
- The Foo Fighters collaborating with Liam Gallagher? I’d listen to that.
- When it comes to anything to do with Noel, Liam says “I was drunk.” Shocking.
- Anyone else have a still-working iPod from 2002? What’s on it?
- Whether they want to accept it or not, Facebook is a news outlet.
- Arcade Fire’s Win Butler: karaoke star.
- UK physical music sales didn’t do well over Christmas.
- Yoko Ono turned 85. A lot of people wished her well.
- This website follows Elon Musk’s Starman in his Tesla Roadster through space. I wonder if it’s still playing that Bowie song on the stereo?
- Drake is sure turning out to be a very generous dude.
- “Northern Touch” is still considered to be the most important Canada rap collaboration ever. Here’s why.
- What could the blockchain do for music? Let’s find out.
- No plastic bottles at Glastonbury 2019.
- Oh, Mozzer…