Published on February 28th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
I had a sinus headache this morning so I went to the medicine chest to get some relief. How the hell does Tylenol Sinus expect people to open their stupid blister packs at 2 in the morning when their heads are exploding? And now, the music news…
- Randy Lennox, the former president of Universal Music Canada, is now the head of all of Bell Media.
- Is this Lorde teasing her new song? Word is that it’s coming Friday.
- Apple is said to be working on “new features for podcasts.” What could that be?
- Speaking of podcasts, here’s a good story on how things are progressing on that front.
- If you use Waze to get around in traffic (I personally love it), there’s been a new development.
- Remember WinAmp? It’s still around.
- Canadian album sales are down 14% from this time last year. This includes a 29% drop in digital album sales. Vinyl is up 13% and streaming is ahead by 101%.
- Millions in unpaid YouTube royalties are waiting to be claimed here in Canada–but time is running out.
- Chad Smith of the Chili Peppers vs. Scott Baio: “Eat a bag of dicks!”
- U2 has been accused of ripping off this guy’s song.
- No one seems to want to buy Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow’s place in Manhattan.
- Remember Jackie Evancho, the young woman who sang at Donald Trump’s inauguration? President Trump probably isn’t going to like this.
- Interesting: Did a band called Jacula invent black metal in 1969?
- Which artists benefited sales-wise from appearing at the Brits? Let’s take a look.