Published on January 31st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Goodbye, January. And now, some music news.
- Uh-oh. Has Tool hit a roadblock in the recording of their new album?
- So Josh Homme doesn’t think much of Donald Trump, then…
- Interesting: Internet service providers, studios and record labels have given up on the copyright alert system because it just doesn’t work.
- Here’s a nice profile of Hugh’s Room, the Toronto music venue that is poised to come back from the dead.
- Ozzy: “I am NOT a sex addict! I am A ROCK STAR!”
- Here’s the first Syrian musician I’ve heard of to be impacted by the Trump travel ban.
- Another sad week for physical albums sales in the US. John Mayer’s new album debuted at #1 with just 38,000 units sold. The whole Top 200 adds up to less than 624,000 copies.
- Purple Spotify Billboards? Does this mean Prince’s music is coming to the service soon? Maybe timed with the Grammys?
- David Lee Roth has been sued over an alleged dog attack.
- An al-Qaida attack has killed a famous desert music festival in Mali.
- Do you have to choose between growing up and nightlife? This article tackles that question.