Published on January 9th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, January 9, 2018
It was on this day in 2007 that Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone. Can anyone remember what it was like before smartphones? And now, music news for Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
- Google says they’re selling more than one smart speaker every second.
- And your national anthem singer for the Super Bowl will be…Pink.
- Coachella will ban all marijuana use this year despite the fact that recreational pot is now legal in California. Good luck with that.
- This is brilliant: A website that tracks the additions of new material to Spotify–in real time, too.
- The Junos get a new logo for 2018.
- The Gallaghers are fighting again. Quel suprise.
- Have you noticed a deterioration in the quality of audio on SoundCloud? Some people claim it’s true.
- So why doesn’t Twitter just ban Donald Trump? Turns out there’s a very good reason.
- Maybe this app will finally fill in all my missing artwork on my iPhone.
- Here’s a list of the top ten torrent sites in the world.
- This is another look at the future of radio. It’s an American perspective, but still…
- And for those who insist that radio is dead should read this.
- The woman who inspired the song “My Way” has died.
- Authorities in Trinidad and Tobago aren’t crazy about a song about chutney. You read that right.
- If you’re in the Toronto area, here’s a record shop that you should visit.
- Chinese national television had me on to talk about streaming and music this past Friday night. Watch the clip here.
- Fun: an ancient undiscovered Yardbirds track has been unveiled.
- Why are people so interested in building musical instruments out of water?
- Well, that was genuinely nice of Kanye…