Published on July 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
I have to take one of the bull terriers to the dentist today for her annual cleaning. This is gonna cost me. And now, the music news for July 25.
- It was another miserable week for the sales of physical albums in the US. Jay-Z’s 4:44 is still at number one, but it only sold 61,000 copies. You could make the Top 200 in America by selling just 853 records.
- Meanwhile, Linkin Park’s latest album, One More Light, shot 65-2, selling 18,000 copies.
- Here are the Canadian music sales for the week vs. where things were at this time last year: Total albums, -18%; digital albums, -24%; vinyl, -3%; cassettes, -41%. Meanwhile, audio streams are up 85%.
- Spanish police allegedly beat British tourists for singing in the streets.
- Someone found a lost Andy Warhol that he did for Alice Cooper. That’ll be worth something.
- Wedding DJs recount the worst wedding speeches they’ve ever heard.
- Justin Bieber has cancelled the rest of his world tour. Was it something that China said?
- Here’s Queen Elizabeth’s 10 favourite songs of all time.
- This might be helpful: How to do media interviews.
- Is this the angriest radio caller ever? He’s upset about Doctor Who becoming a woman.
- A great question: Why are stupid audio cassettes all over pop culture now?
- Ozzy wine! (It’s a red, of course.)
- The last of Lemmy will come with this Motorhead covers album. He does “Heroes” by Bowie! (Via Tom)
- R. Kelly has reportedly hired Bill Cosby’s lawyer.
- Vangelis, the Chariots of Fire composer, is selling this place.
- Spotify is close to signing an important deal with Warner. The march towards the IPO continues.