Published on June 13th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Is it just me or are there more prime time TV game shows than ever this year? And is it wrong that I really like Beat Shazam? And now, the music news for June 13.
- This story about a guy who got a guitar from his dying father is definitely worth reading.
- Liam is back to bashing Noel with gust0.
- U2 and Alice Cooper together at last! Wait–what?
- The boost in Soundgarden sales following Chris Cornell’s death has slowed. Only Superunknown is among America’s Top 200 sellers.
- Total album sales in Canada are running 18% cooler than at this time last year. Physical CDs: -12.7%. Digital albums: -25%. Digitial tracks: -20%. Vinyl: -11%. Streaming? That’s up 89%.
- Taiwan’s parliament features a heavy metal frontman. Cool.
- Imagine being on this music-themed cruise. No thank you.
- Johnny Depp is playing Glastonbury.
- So is Liam Gallagher. Cue the Oasis reunion rumours.
- The Boobs and Brass Band: it’s actually a great story.
- I had no idea that Michael Jackson was the inventor of a special shoe for dancers.
- Snoop has a new line of clothing.
- Worried about your privacy in the digital age? We probably should be. (Via Greggory)
- Interesting: Chad Kroeger plays the first song he ever wrote.
- Wow. Do I ever want this computer monitor!