Published on March 7th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, March 7, 2017
English bull terrier number one is snoring louder than ever. I may have to get her a CPAP machine. And now, the music news.
- Has the Glastonbury lineup been leaked? Wait–Diana Ross?
- Meanwhile, Gorillaz are planning their own music festival.
- A Montreal opera company is going to take on Pink Floyd’s The Wall.
- This is an interesting audio performance: Meeting the people behind the counter at Honest Ed’s.
- Looking for some wireless sports earbuds? Try these.
- Ed Sheeran has put his entire new album on YouTube. Interesting strategy.
- A song by Sean Lennon and Carrie Fisher? Yep.
- Canadian album sales are down 14.2% so far this year, led lower by a 28.6% drop in digital albums. Vinyl is up a modest 10% over this time last year.
- On-demand audio streams are 100.7% ahead of where we were a year ago.
- Radiohead fans should check out this special 16-minute megamix.
- No, The Fall’s Mark E. Smith is NOT dead. The BBC apologizes for any inconvenience.
- A newly-discovered fungus gnat has been named after a death metal musician.