Published on March 8th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Happy International Women’s Day! Now let’s just dive right into the day’s music news
- Irish bus drivers are threatening to go on strike unless they get to listen to the radio while they drive.
- Oh, great. Your favourite song may be bad for your health.
- Roger Waters is going to work with Opéra de Montreal on turning Pink Floyd’s The Wall into an opera. After all, The Wall did grow from a 1977 event at Olympic Stadium…
- Samsung looks like it’s going to shutter its streaming service, Milk Music. What does that mean for the rumours surrounding the purchase of Tidal?
- Iron Maiden’s Rob Dickinson talks more about his investment in the world’s largest aircraft.
- The new Blink-182 album is apparently finished. (Via Larry)
- Check out this woman signing for deaf people at a Slayer concert. (Via Tom)
- Ex-Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He’s 79.
- Here’s a nice David Bowie tribute by Sinead O’Connor.
- Google receives two million takedown notices a day. Wow.
- So what does Pandora have planned for the future? What do they mean by “beyond radio?”
- These celebrities are making big coin off the budding legal weed industry.
- This next Metric tour is going to be their biggest yet.
- Ticketmaster locations will soon start popping up in Canadian HMV stores.
- Adele surprised a couple of fans by letting them sing on stage.