Published on September 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Back to work. Back to school. But at least pumpkin spice latte is back. And now, the music news for September 5.
- Canadian music sales from the past week vs. a year ago: Total albums, 17%; digital albums, -24.3%; physical albums, -11.9%; CDs, -13%; vinyl, +9.6%; streaming, +81.1%.
- Adele is in talks for her first movie role, which apparently will be in a remake of the movie Oliver!
- Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy…
- In case you missed it, a 41-year-old man died at Burning Man after running into a fire. Dude, it’s just the name of the festival, not a command.
- Singer Tom Goss has released this “choose your own path” interactive music video. It’s pretty cool.
- Attention those who think radio isn’t important anymore: Check out what radio did for the people hit by Hurricane Harvey…
- …and here’s why NextRadio should be in ALL Canadian cell phones. Or at least activate the FM chip.
- Are Alex and Geddy making plans for some kind of post-Rush band? That’s being dismissed as just a rumour. (Via Shane)
- After 10 years, Apple is pulling the plug on the Apple Music Festival. Wasn’t worth the return, I guess…
- Here’s a nice article on the return of Midnight Oil.
- When you’re Ed Sheeran, you can have your own private pub for just you and your mates.
- The new Beats headphones apparently cancel noise better than ever, but they’re probably still stupidly bass-heavy.
- Even the most boring tasks go better with opera. If you’re in Japan, anyway.
- Liam Gallagher’s manager is convinced Our Kid is still relevant in today’s music scene.
- No, Brian Wilson isn’t going back into seclusion.
- A Bon Scott documentary is in the works.