Published on April 12th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Playoffs! Baseball! Yay! And now, the music news for April 12.
- HMV will be done completely by Saturday night. Can Sunrise Records take its place as Canada’s national music chain? I hope so.
- Prepare for the resurrection of Creed’s Scott Stapp.
- Ed Sheeran paid $20 million USD to make a nasty songwriting situation go away.
- Who wants to look at Jared Kushner’s Last.FM account?
- Need to lose weight? Iggy Azalea recommends twerking.
- A British DJ went to Mount Everest to spin at “the highest party on earth.”
- Tool has announced an epic one-day concert that also features The Melvins and Primus.
- Wattie Buchan of The Exploited has been hospitalized with a serious heart condition.
- The state of Georgia is spending $500,000 on a bronze statue of Tupac.
- Are you a Gorillaz fan? Get the app so you can hear the new album first.
- U2 appears on a song called “XXX” on the upcoming Lamar Kendrick album, Damn.
- Members of Prince’s Revolution will speak at an event commemorating the anniversary of his death.
- Alanis Morissette’s former business manager stole from her and other clients. Now he’d like everyone to know he’s very, very sorry.
- Are you a musician? Here’s a way to get more $$$ (well, potentially) out of your lyrics.
- A new species of shrimp has been named after Pink Floyd. (Via Tom)
- Statues of famous musicians around the world.