Published on April 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, April 19, 2017
If you’re going to be at Canadian Music Week and you see me, make sure you come up and say hello. And now, the music news for April 18.
- Has the EDM bubble burst? Or is the scene just undergoing a period of retraction?
- Drake robbed!
- Looking for something truly different how about a 93-year-old singing nun from Ethiopia?
- An interesting profile of 50-year music mogul, Clive Davis.
- With just 320,000-ish people, how does Iceland manage to export such vast amounts of music? Let’s take a look.
- The music book of the year in the UK is about 70s protest music.
- Apparently, Elle King would rather go to an Eagles of Death Metal show than get married.
- A British MP has to defend himself for making a guest appearance on a metal record because…well, you see.
- Here’s a possible stage setup for the upcoming U2 tour. (Via Larry)
- Did Charles Manson’s failure at being a musician turn him into a murderous cult leader?
- Did someone say “new Soundgarden album?”
- A speaker make of concrete? Yep.
- Here are some fascinating podcast audience stats out of the US.
- If you’re an artist on Spotify, here’s another way to track your material.