Published on April 20th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, April 20, 2016
4/20. You know what that means. Best get the music news in now before–well, you know…
- Here are my five buzz band picks for Canadian Music Week.
- The North Carolina concert industry is taking a shit kicking from the boycotts over the HB2 legislation.
- The 12th annual Toronto Independent Music Awards are now taking applications.
- The Nyckelharpa: One of the weirdest musical instruments you will ever see.
- “Top 10 Music Video Babes.” If that’s your thing.
- GREAT trivia question! What world record held by Led Zeppelin was broken by Kobe Bryant?
- Well, this isn’t going to help Led Zeppelin’s chances in their “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism trial.
- Miss the lite rock of the middle 70s? Have I got a cruise for you!
- Yes, some concerts are so expensive that you can buy tickets on an installment plan.
- The guitar Kurt Cobain used during his last-ever concert is going up for auction.
- Here’s why music education is so bloody important.
- All Tomorrow’s Parties, the famous music festival, seems to have run out of money.
- Tracy Morgan has followed Bryan Adams in cancelling a show in Mississippi over the state’s anti-LGBT laws.
- This should be required reading for all radio newsrooms. Hell, ALL newsrooms.