Published on August 24th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, August 24, 2016
It was on this day in 2001 when Air Transat flight 236 ran out of gas on its way from Toronto to Lisbon. Fortunately, it landed safely in the Azores. Now some music news…
- The Gord Downie brain cancer fund has raised $265,000 and the money keeps coming in.
- Here’s a disease I’ll never have to worry about: bagpipe lung.
- Fun fact: The guy who is now Donald Trump’s campaign CEO once wrote a rap musical.
- Interesting question: Why are so many airport newsstands named after news networks?
- Hoping for an Oasis reunion? Yeah, well, keep hoping.
- A Megadeth show in Paraguay was cut short when a woman was almost killed.
- Amazon seems to be working on a $5/month subscription service.
- Bob Marley’s saxophonist, Headley Bennett, has died at 85.
- Can podcasts ever turn a profit? Discuss.
- A plaque honouring David Bowie has been unveiled in Berlin.
- Great British sporting themes and the people who composed them.
- How listening to the Beatles can make you a better team player.
- Here’s an interesting profile on Twenty One Pilots.
- Here’s who made the Canadian Walk of Fame this year. Get your sunglasses so you can wear them at night.