Published on December 24th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, December 24, 2014
‘Twas the night before Christmas, etc.
- Robert Smith of the Cure teamed up with Eric Idle to sing “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.” I’d have killed to see this!
- Just in case you missed it, there will be no Christmas #1 for Iron Maiden or the Pogues this year.
- Still short of Christmas music? Get a big download for free from True North Records.
- YouTube is being threatened with more lawsuits over the music videos it carries. A BILLION dollars? (Via Tom)
- Grimes comes clean on the origins of her name.
- Is this guy the most delusional music writer in the world? (Via The Lonely Vagabond)
- Is anyone really surprised that there’s an Iggy Azalea sex tape? Doesn’t everyone have one now?
- The School of Rock is going to Broadway! And the person behind it is Andrew Lloyd Webber. No, seriously.
- Just in time for Christmas: Joey Bada$$ and “Curry Chicken.”
- If you’re in a band, try not to vomit on a security guard in the middle of your set.
- Here’s an interesting list of favourite Christmas songs. It’s not like the others.
- And from the same source, here’s a list of all the songs you hear in Christmas commercials.