Published on February 1st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Hello, February. At least you’re the normal 28 days this year. And now, the music news.
- Professor Griff of Public Enemy thinks that Donald Trump “needs to meet some real black people.”
- No, Drake’s LA home isn’t up for sale. It’s a big hoax.
- Speaking of Drake, he, Kanye and Bieber are going to skip the Grammys.
- So who’s performing at the Grammys? Let’s take a look.
- Sarah McLachlan will be inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at the 2017 Juno Awards.
- Why do we hear voices in random noise?
- Album sales in Canada are down 25.9% from this time last year. Digital albums lead the way with a drop of 33.1%. Vinyl is down 1.4% so far. The death of HMV will only exacerbate this.
- Meanwhile, on-demand music streams are up 104% from this week in 2015.
- Need to blow off some Trump steam? Try this. (Via Danny)
- So where does all the concert ticket money go, anyway?
- There is no such thing as “too much practice” when it comes to learning a musical instrument.
- Akon has something to say to Donald Trump. He doesn’t pull punches, either.
- Remember the “I’m a Mac/I’m a PC” commercials? A Chinese phone company has hired the Mac dude to push an Android phone.
- More radio stations have had their signal hacked resulting in 15-minute loops of “Fuck Donald Trump” by YG & Nipsey Hustle being broadcast.