Published on February 21st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, February 21, 2018
February 21, 2018: Just one more week in February. Meanwhile, distract yourself with some music news.
- Canadian music sales vs. this time last week: Total albums, -28.5%; digital albums, -18.9%; CDs, -34.2%; digital tacks, -19.1%; vinyl, +28%; streaming 59.8%.
- Did a guy from Bulgaria scam Spotify for a fortune? Maybe.
- “German police pulled out my teeth with pliers,” says Liam Gallagher.
- Are you a guitarist? Here are five new trends emerging in 2018.
- Has someone hijacked your Spotify account? Here’s what you need to know.
- Jay-Z’s epic bar tab.
- Will KISS be the next heritage act to announce their retirement? That’s the speculation.
- So about Gibson Guitars possible bankruptcy: Here’s what they have to say.
- Guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen has a cool swag store. But why is he selling a Sharpie for $40? (Via Tom)
- Rapper Young Thug has changed his name to SEX. Yes, in all-caps.
- Silver vinyl from Bowie? Why not?
- Here’s something none of us ever needed to know about Justin Bieber.
- This Spanish rapper was sent to jail for lyrics that glamorize terrorism.
- Andrew WK has been named Person of the Year by the American Association of Suicidology.