Published on January 11th, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Wednesday, January 11, 2017
There’s something very, very wrong with the website today. We’re trying to figure it out, so please excuse any wonky posts in the meantime. And now, in music news…
- Barack Obama has been offered the job of “President of Playlists” by Spotify.
- The one hour hip hop episode of The Simpsons is coming this Sunday. Here’s the trailer.
- British Gas + David Bowie tribute = Twitter storm.
- The upper reaches of the music industry are dominated by men. What a surprise.
- This Darth Vader mask might come in very handy at work.
- Prince, Prince, Prince. Why didn’t you leave a will? Then all this stuff wouldn’t be happening.
- Will Snapchat change the music industry this year? Some people think so.
- General admission tickets for the upcoming U2 Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Tour are quite reasonable. Just $35. (Via Larry)
- Expect a lot of Prince merchandise sooner than later.
- Not only does StubHub want to sell you a concert ticket, but they’d also like you to buy a T-shirt and a hotel room.
- What was this project about aliens that Bowie was working on when he died?
- And speaking of whom, let’s look back on how he predicted the rise of the Internet. (Via FF)
- Canadian album sales suckage. Things are already pacing 19% below where they were at this time last year. Meanwhile, audio streams are up 116% and vinyl is ahead by 56%.
- There’s one Sam the Record Man left. Should it be designated a tourist designation? The store thinks so.
- It appears that an axe attacker in Sydney, Australia, is a drummer in a local punk band.
- New Arcade Fire! When? Soon.
- Is D minor the saddest of all keys?