Published on January 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Contractors are in today to start finishing my basement, fulfilling a 12-year dream. It’ll be worth eight weeks of dust and noise. I think. And now, the music news…
- This looks interesting: a documentary on how Native American music influenced rock.
- Rumour is that Elastica has reunited to make a record. They split up in 2001.
- Here’s a new tool for monitoring Shazam data.
- A fine article on the dancing mascots of rock.
- Apparently, growing up at Michael Jackson’s Neverland wasn’t very nice. Oh, and Michael Jackson was allegedly murdered. See?
- Thinking of buying a new iPad? You might want to wait a little longer.
- Tool’s Maynard James Keenan is pessimistic about America’s future. “We’re due for a fall.”
- This could be handy: A guide to fake news sites.
- What can U2 fans expect on this upcoming tour? Adam Clayton provides some clues. (Via Larry)
- This guy was playing a set in a hotel bar when Stevie Wonder stepped on stage. And then…
- Cool! A pocket drum machine.
- Madonna has been banned by a Texas radio station following her speech at the Women’s March on Washington. I’m sure she’s concerned.
- No, your phone is not possessed. Here’s what could be happening.