Published on January 31st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Super blood blue moon! And an eclipse! Probably means Armageddon or something. And now, music news for January 31, 2018.
- Alessia Cara something to say to haters who are upset about her Best New Artist win…
- …and Bon Iver had this to say to the Grammy people.
- And the tone-deaf head of the Grammys has walked back his comments made about women.
- On that topic, here’s a view about what happens to women who attempt to “step up” in the music industry.
- Meanwhile, another big record executive is facing all kinds of sexual harassment allegations.
- LA Reid, who has had his own #MeToo problems, is planning to return to the music industry.
- The Parents Television Council wrote an open letter to Justin Timberlake pleading that he keep his Super Bowl halftime show family friendly.
- A judge has dismissed a plagiarism suit filed against U2 over the song “The Fly.”
- Quincy Jones is NOT a Taylor Swift fan. Here’s why.
- A deaf mother in the UK is suing a concert promoter for not providing a sign language interpreter at a Little Mix concert.
- This is encouraging for Smashing Pumpkins fans.
- US UN ambassador Nikki Haley–a big Trump supporter–talks just like her boss.
- Here’s another discussion of the “rock is dead/dying” meme. Thoughts?
- Fresh Prince toys are making a comeback for some reason.
- Remember that DJ who was accused of Taylor Swift? He’s got a new radio job.
- A Go-Go’s musical? Yep. On Broadway, too.
- And that’s it for the Australian edition of Rolling Stone.
- Just because: the world’s first talking killer whale.