Published on January 4th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, January 4, 2017
I had the 1-800-GOT-JUNK people haul away a bunch of stuff from my basement yesterday, basically giving the house a high colonic. I feel refreshed. And now, some music news.
- George Michael’s US music sales are up 2,678% since his death.
- Rumour about iOS 10.3: A “theatre mode” for texting during movies. Really? We need that?
- This never happens with iPhones. Never.
- BuzzAngle has this summary of how the US music industry fared in 2016. There’s some interesting day-of-the-week stats here. Bottom line? People are actually paying for music again.
- Do you use Shazam to identify songs? Here’s a list of the most Shazamed songs in Canada in 2016.
- It was a lovely year for vinyl sales in the UK.
- This will be fascinating for radio people: Black ops radio run by the US government.
- A new Foo Fighters tour this year? Maybe.
- Are you a music or fashion blogger? What keeps you going when things get tough? Here are some hints from other people in your position.
- Mariah visited a marijuana dispensary days before her New Year’s Eve gig. (People are REALLY trying to make something out of this.)
- Beyonce to headline Coachella this year?
- A Bush concert in New Jersey had to be evacuated because of a fire.
- David Bowie’s drummer, Woody Woodmansey, has a new memoir.
- Fun: The MySpace profiles today’s A-listers would like to forget.
- Looking for help in creating a running playlist? Here’s some advice from the pros.
- This kind of attitude is why I’m a big fan of this new Manchester band called Cabbage.