Published on July 12th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Fifty-five years ago, some band named the Rolling Stones played their first gig. And now, the music news for July 12.
- Interested in some history about Guns ‘N Roses? Go here.
- Quincy Jones says the estate of Michael Jackson owes him $30 million.
- A dude showed up at a Boston radio station with an ax demanding that it play some Insane Clown Posse. That’s NOT the way to request a song, dude.
- How to speak with a Scottish accent as taught by a Korean man.
- These smart speakers can be really smart. See?
- And are you having trouble keeping track of the virtual assistants?
- Adele wants to do another Bond song? Apparently.
- Apple iTune’s share of video sales and rentals are half of what they were thanks to competition from Netflix and Amazon.
- What does Beyonce have planned for the African of Burundi?
- Firefighters at the Grenfell Tower disaster were U2’s special guests for a soundcheck.
- Spotify has reached a licensing deal with Sony. That’s another step on the way to an IPO.
- Spotify is trying this to attract more advertisers to its free tier.
- And Spotify has hired an expert in AI.
- Sting has donated some prize money to help the plight of refugees.
- More Trump tweets have been put to music.
- The UK music industry is up 12% this year thanks to increases in attendance at live shows.
- What are these strange sounds in gravitational wave data?
- Want to see how see how vinyl records are made? Go here.