Published on July 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 19, 2017
That church down the street is gearing up for vacation bible school. That’s a sure sign that we’re deep into summer. Next up: the back-to-school blitz. And now, the music news for July 19.
- Why is Netflix growing faster than Spotify? Here’s one explanation.
- One of R Kelly’s alleged captive victims has come forward. This is not going well for Kelly.
- Pussy Riot says that Vladimir Putin isn’t nearly as powerful as the West thinks he is.
- Ed Sheeran’s appearance on Game of Thrones isn’t being received well.
- He’s even had to delete his Twitter account.
- Sheeran’s next TV role? As Lisa’s crush on The Simpsons.
- If you’re a fan of prog, you might be interested in this upcoming ELP box set.
- A man singing in Times Square annoyed two brothers. So they slashed him.
- Gwyneth Paltrow, the musical. No, really.
- These guitars are made from wood taken from the benches of the Hollywood Bowl in LA.
- What does the future of podcasting look like? Here’s one view.
- Speaking of which, are musicals about to shake up podcasts?
- Mariah Carey is producing a scripted drama based on her life. One thing’s for sure: it will be dramatic.
- Robert Johnson booze. About time.
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson loves his vintage bomber aircraft.
- A member of Bombay Bicycle Club has an around-the-world photo travel diary.
- Well, isn’t this an interesting music venue.
- Small webcasters in the US are getting nailed over licensing issues.