Published on July 26th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
The back-to-school ads are now all over TV. I’m not ready for this. Seriously. After all, it’s only July 26, right? Distract yourself with some music news.
- The music industry needs to innovate beyond streaming. But in what direction? And will investors buy in?
- The UK has a fund that helps musicians with mental health issues. A great idea, no?
- “Despacito” is already the biggest song of the year. Now there’s going to be a Portuguese remix that will make it even bigger.
- A new poll in Michigan suggests that Kid Rock could actually win his US Senate race.
- If YouTube were a stock, analysts say it would be worth $75 billion.
- Facebook has taken another big step towards doing something in the music business with this purchase.
- There’s a new Caribbean music festival coming up next year in Barbados. Vujaday is set for April 4-8, 2018.
- Did Justin Bieber bail on his tour to form his own church? No, he says.
- This is why the possible death of SoundCloud should scare music lovers.
- Here’s a big problem with music: too many songwriters and not enough money to go around.
- The UK music industry is having a good year. Spending on music is up over 11%.
- For reasons that baffle me, Jay-Z’s 4:44 album is going to be released as an old-school cassette.
- Facebook is said to be developing a smart speaker with a 15-inch touch panel.
- Into vinyl? Here’s a guide on how to best care for it.