Published on March 1st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Spring! It’s just three weeks away! Don’t you feel better? And now the music news.
- Lady Gaga will replace Beyonce at Coachella.
- Live Nation now manages more than 500 artists around the world.
- Detroit seems to be returning to its vinyl roots.
- Want to learn to play the guitar in 60 seconds? Try this.
- Is radio dead? Frank Ocean and Jay Z think so. Listen.
- Paul Allen–the music-lovin’ co-founder of Microsoft–is bankrolling a new music festival in Seattle. Here’s the initial lineup.
- Bulgarian radio hasn’t been able to play modern music for the last two months. The crisis is now over.
- This rapper is on tour with Drake even though he’s facing some pretty serious criminal charges.
- SoundCloud has launched a new $5/month subscription service. (Via Larry)
- This is the only existing footage of Jimi Hendrix playing an acoustic guitar.
- A top DJ has ended his life at a Swiss suicide clinic.
- This eight-year-old dancing goalie really has it going on.
- Liam Gallagher has gone to war with a pub over…track pants.
- The pastor who preached at Donald Trump’s inauguration threatened Jefferson Airplane’s Grace Slick with a “death sentence” for her stand on LGBTQ issues. Nice.