Published on May 3rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, May 3, 2017
On this day in 1978, the first piece of spam was sent over ARPANET, the precursor to the modern Internet. And in music news for May 3…
- Excellent tutorial: How compression is applied to musical recordings.
- Iron Maiden is another band going hard after scalpers.
- “Careless Whisper” is the best song title of all time? Apparently.
- Apple has more cash on hand than Canada and the UK combined.
- Hate going through security at airports? Maybe what you need is a little jazz.
- Celine Dion’s house is…massive.
- Applebee’s–yes, the restaurant chain–is being sued for using AC/DC music in an ad without paying for it.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are being sued over samples in “Thrift Shop.”
- Prince: The Reality Show. Seriously.
- Ticketmaster Canada is vowing to do something about concert ticket buying bots.
- Worried about AI? This probably won’t help.
- For no particular reason, here are Gilbert Gottfried’s five favourite rappers.
- A city in Poland has dedicated a traffic circle to late Slayer guitarist, Jeff Hanneman. Yes, a traffic circle. (Via Tom)
- The Blur vs. Oasis feud is old news, and yet…
- British Ed Sheeran fans are…orderly.
- If you live in Toronto, you might get this singing Uber driver.