Published on May 4th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, May 4, 2016
The first professional baseball league, The National Association, started its first season on this day in 1871. And now, music news…
- Creed singer Scott Stapp as the new singer of STP? No. Not gonna happen.
- Little Richard: “I’m fine! Where did you hear that I was really ill?”
- The music industry just had its best year of the 21st century.
- Growth of subscriptions to Apple Music is growing faster than those to Spotify. They still have a long way to go, but…
- Meanwhile, SoundCloud has launched a subscription music service in the UK.
- Still with streaming, can Beyonce and Prince save Tidal?
- Speaking of Beyonce, the director of her Lemonade project is working on a thriller.
- Nelly Furtado has some not-so-nice things to say about YouTube.
- Another music magazine publisher is going down.
- Don’t do this with your WiFi hotspot and then expect to fly anywhere.
- Bono has joined the campaign aiming to find those Nigerian schoolgirls captured by Boko Haram.
- Hamilton has become the most expensive Broadway play ever.
- Why would Fiddy post photos of him bullying an airport worker?
- T-Bone Burnett is developing an animated music series.
- This is what languages sound like to non-native speakers.