Published on October 4th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Can we please have a day that’s a little more normal? Here’s the music news for Wednesday, October 4.
- To the surprise of exactly no one, Tom Petty songs and albums have started to sell like crazy with at least one album–his 1994 greatest hits collection–looking to re-enter the US charts in the Top 10.
- And let’s not forget what kind of a music video pioneer Tom Petty was.
- Could the psycho Las Vegas shooter have thought about an attack on the Life is Beautiful festival, which featured Lorde, Gorillaz and Chance the Rapper?
- Toronto bars and music venues are now stocking naloxone because of the opioid crisis.
- How do you get people from looking at their phones whilst driving? Use Taylor Swift lyrics on road signs.
- The Breeders are back with new music. Have a look/listen. (Via Larry)
- Want to play the 2018 edition of Burlington, Ontario’s Sound of Music Festival? Apply here.
- Is Axl Rose transitioning into Benny Hill? (Via Tom)
- Steven Tyler did NOT have a heart attack. That wasn’t his recent medical issue.
- Here’s more on the death of Microsoft’s streaming music service.
- The organizer of the Fyre Festival plans to plead not guilty to fraud charges.
- Bruce Springsteen isn’t in a rush to write an anti-Trump song.
- Apple is selling the first-ever AR teddy bear. Seriously.
- Why the music business is more unfair than ever. (Via Ed)