Published on September 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Wasps. I want to sit outside and enjoy a coffee or something, but the stupid wasps are everywhere. And now, the music news for September 27.
- Canadian music sales for the week vs. last year at this time: Total albums, -17.2%; digital albums, -24%; physical albums, -12.1%; CDs, -13.5%, vinyl, +14.8%; streams, 79.9%.
- A new report says that two-thirds of Millennial video consumption isn’t even being measured.
- Meanwhile, Instagram says it has 800 million monthly users.
- China has blocked WhatsApp. Again.
- Good question: Where’s Beats by Dre in this whole “take a knee” protest?
- An Australian Idol winner is facing 15 years in prison on drug charges…
- …and an Aussie X Factor contestant is involved in a money laundering case.
- Is this our first look at the first smart speaker from Sonos?
- And while we’re on the subject, what’s radio’s role in the whole smart speaker thing?
- Check this out: an Internet-connected commuter trucker jacket.
- Would you like to buy shares in Eminem? Call your broker.
- Note how most of the world’s most valuable companies are tech companies.
- Seven people were arrested in Egypt for raising the rainbow flag during a performance by a gay singer.
- Next year, the GPS in our phones could be accurate to within 30 centimetres. There’s a new GPS chip coming.
- Here’s an interesting box set linking music of a variety of genres from the 20th century.
- The head of a major podcast network allegedly pulled a gun an employee when he wouldn’t fake some data.
- Diddy is still the richest rapper.