Published on October 16th, 2018 | by Alan Cross2
Seven ways streaming technology is changing the very nature of music
I’ve been rabbiting on how as a delivery mechanism, streaming is changing the very nature of the music it’s delivering. Output.com sums everything up in seen statements.
- The data collected from streaming is making songs simpler and less challenging.
- Social media is making songs more confessional.
- Songs are shorter. It doesn’t pay to make long songs.
- Songs are more customizable than ever before.
- Digitization has made songs more diverse.
- Collaboration on songs is up.
- Music videos are not dead yet.
Each of these points is nicely developed and argued in this post. It’s worth reading.