WTF?

Published on September 19th, 2014 | by Alan Cross

Do NOT set foot on the lawn of Butthole Surfer drummer King Coffey. He works very hard to keep his yard beautiful. In fact, his devotion to landscaping for his home in the Windsor Park neighbourhood of Austin, Texas, has earned him the prestigious “Yard of the Month” award.

A nice manicured lawn…

King Coffey Yard of the Month 1

…a wildflower garden complete with butterflies…

King Coffey Yard of the Month 3

…and even a happy toad.

King Coffey Yard of the Month 2

The full gallery can be found here. Meanwhile, enjoy some Butthole Surfers.

Tags: , ,

Related Posts

15 Responses to A Sign of the Apocalypse? Butthole Surfer Wins “Yard of the Month” Award in Austin

1. King Coffey says:

Korrection Korner:
    – You are welcome to set foot on my yard. In fact, come to the door. Perhaps we’ll have a beer.

– I do not work very hard on the yard. Planting native plants and letting them do their thing is ultimately easier than trying to maintain a lawn (certainly in Texas).

– winning a monthly award in a small neighborhood is not “prestigious”. Like cancer, it is inevitable.

– I have never had a manicure. Nor has my yard.

– “Who Was in My Room” kind of sucks, tho it seemed like a plausible idea in the 1990s

2. Daisy says:

Is that a psychedelic San Pedro cactus next to King Coffey?

• Psilocybe Phil says:

That or Peruvian Torch cacti, they both contain mescaline. Would expect it in a Butthole Surfers garden! And a psychedelic toad to boot!

3. Dave says:

Your yard rules!

4. Jeff says:

Dear Doug Martsch,
    This could be your yard! I landscape the yard across the street from yours and you have waved at me twice and gave me a thumbs up once. I would be happy to elevate your yard and your resume to this glory.
    Best,
    Jeff@
    Seattle Sustainable Landscapes

5. Sean Kaenel says:

I’ll bring the beer.

6. Kathy Sahagian says:

The one thing I had great success with growing in Austin were flowers. I had a huge Esperanza, pride of Barbados and sienna flowers/plants and more also the Rosemary grows huge. I live in Colorado in the high desert now and have better luck with vegetables than I did in Austin and less insect problems. Flowers grow excellent as well. It’s nice and dry and no fleas (which makes my dog happy) or mosquitoes also no mold in the air and little pollen. Ahhh

7. Kathy Sahagian says:

Kind of hard to surf the Colorado River though ain’t it?

8. Pingback: Glibertarians | Tuesday Morning Links

9. linux.co.uk says:

You understand what Pastоr Johansson told uss on Suunday is that God really likes worshіp.
    Daddy added.