Published on March 12th, 2012 | by Alan Cross0
Ten Buzz Bands from SXSW
So who’s worth seeing? I’ve done some digging.
1. Blondefire: Indie pop band from NYC. They kind of remind me of MGMT but with female vocals. Could a Missing Persons reunion be far behind?
2. Dead Sara: They’re heading out on tour with Chevelle and have a slot on the Warped Tour this summer.
3. Kimbra: What is she like sans Gotye? We’ll see.
4. Black Angels: Noise-psych band playing in their hometown. If you were into early Black Rebel Motorcyle Club, you will love these guys.
5. Skindred: Welsh band that doesn’t sound like anyone but will might appeal to Rage fans.
6. ANR: Miami twosome with both indie rock and electronica ideas.
7. Class Actress: Is it wrong that I seem to have a thing for frontwoman Elizabeth Harper?
8. Diarrhea Planet: Just because of the name.
9. The Men: Solid noise-rock from Brookyn.
10. Michael Kiwanuka: Ugandan-born UK session musician who opened for Adele last spring and summer. His debut, Home Again, will be out in Canada this month, weeks (months!) ahead of the American release.